11.14.2010

AR Drone Mods: Ball-bearing Replacement for Stock Rotor Bushings

AR Drone enthusiast are replacing the stock brass bushings for friction free ball bearings. Many have ordered from RCBearings.co.uk. which explains the lack of supply. For those living in the states, you can look at vxb.com where I placed an order for 10 ball bearings which was received in 4 days (fast).

For those looking for a how-to or step-by-step guide, check out Zenocha’s guide

I did not notice any increase in performance but the motors did seem to run cooler. This of course has not been confirmed with any actual readings and my ability to determine temp diffs with my fingers. I plan on replacing the bushings on the front two rotors opposed the back and determine a difference in temp between them. Test results to follow.

credit goes to jalexartis of http://cyclingexperiences.com/ for the initial post