11.30.2010

Damn you CakeDoodle! - How to have your iPad or iPhone confiscated by your kids/wife/neighbors

Cake Doodle

If you have kids and you value your own time on your iPhone or iPad do not share the CakeDoodle app with them.  I made this mistake over the Thanksgiving weekend when I downloaded and installed the app thinking it would be a fun, short-attention-holding app for my daughter.  Turns out it was too much fun and it virally spread throughout the gathering of kids.  I realized this was going to be a problem when the second iPad came out to handle the que and quench line jumpers.  

CakeDoodle is a clever app that provides the user the ability to make a cake from mixing up ingredients to finalizing the design with full-on decorations.  I thought it might be a little complex for my 5 year old but she quickly picked it up and had a complete cake making assembly in minutes in true Cake Boss fashion. This is a perfect app for any parent who looks to enrich their child's creativity when faced with significant dwell time such as travel.  

The app is available now at the Apple iTunes app store.  Caution - you may loose contact with your child or wife for hours.