12.28.2004

Surpised

After enduring several episodes of "love is in the Heir", with the wife we both surprisingly realized that we knew one of the lead actors. Michael (the assistant) (Michael Sheinberg AKA DJ Tracer) was one of the first of many people to introduce me to turntablism. Back in '96 my sister and I flew down to SF with some friends from Boise to attend an event hosted by a party crew (called Friends & Family). We all stayed at Todd and Teresa's two story flat, out in Alameda for several days getting to know all. Later that year we all reconvened in the Black Rock desert for the Burning Man Festival (digging up photos). While attending school (97-98), a classmate of mine was in the SF area and ran into Michael. He and this classmate exchanged words and some how I was brought into the conversation. Michael knew my fondness towards music and sent records back to me. Long story short we've lost touch and seeing him on the show makes me realize how far he has come. His personality was always big and fun! Best of luck to him and his acting endeavors.

No comments: